Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am from Imagination...

*Published in "Stars in Our Hearts", May 2012 edition!!!!Page 16!Check it out! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stars-in-our-hearts-world-poetry-movement/1110790730?ean=9781619360433*



I am from wood
piled next to the fireplace
I am from the smell of
rain and pine that lingers in the air
I am from a different world
where "I'm a spy!"
I am from the taste of plums
growing in the orchard
I am from a dog hiding behind
the barn like a new student
I am from mud pools to burning trash
out in the ditch
I am from trouble when i hear
"3.2.1!" Time to run
I am from hot pizza fresh out of the oven
with the urge to take a slice
I am from a small cabin hidden in the backyard
filled with warm blankets and stuffed animals
where the moths dance with the flowers
as I begin to catch them
I am from the old hutch
standing tall in the foyer
I am from imagination
filled with magic and fun
somewhere lost in my wonderland



No comments:

Post a Comment